NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Pacific Demolition Ltd. offers a wide range of selective and complete demolition services. A reputation for delivering safe, high-quality and cost-effective demolition solutions has made us the contractor of choice for public and private sector throughout North America and around the world.
We are currently looking for Concrete Cutters to join our team in the Edmonton region of Alberta. You will work closely with a team of concrete cutting, coring, and scanning professionals on a wide variety of challenging projects throughout Alberta. We offer competitive wages and benefits, full-time hours, and a great working environment.
You will be accountable for:
- Field Service calls
- Reacting quickly to changes in scope of work
- Operating, maintaining, organizing, and cleaning tools and equipment
- Completing all client-related paperwork and getting work orders signed by customers
- Keeping track of all consumables
- Attending and being an active participant in all mandatory safety meetings
- Following instructions and operating as a productive member of a high functioning team
- Working independently, as well as part of a team
- Being punctual and having excellent attendance
- Helping promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on sites is paramount
- Knowledge of concrete cutting tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Experience with wall sawing (hydraulic and electric), slab sawing (diesel and electric), and core drilling
- Safety knowledge and experience in the demolition and/or construction industry
- Holds a valid drivers license and has the ability to drive within the Province of Alberta (abstract required)
- Problem solving and time management an asset (problem-free attendance is paramount)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of team; Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- First aid is considered an asset
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift 50lbs for full shift
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Field environment, working to deadlines, high-stress situations
- Frequent travel required
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion and travel frequently
- May be required to work at heights, in tight spaces, or older, dim buildings
- Exposure to all weather conditions as work is outdoors
- On call for emergencies as needed
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Pacific Demolition is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.