Pacific Blasting and Demolition (PBD), part of NorLand Limited offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a new team member to fill the position of Concrete Cutter at the Demolition division of PBD in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Manager – Concrete Cutting, Coring & Scanning, the Concrete Cutter at Pacific Blasting & Demolition Ltd., part of NorLand Limited, will work closely with a team of concrete cutting, coring and scanning professionals on a wide variety of challenging projects throughout the Edmonton, AB area. We offer competitive wages and benefits, full-time hours and a great working environment.
- Field service calls
- Ability to react quickly to changes in scope of work
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- General safety knowledge and experience completing daily safety planning and paperwork
- Complying with safety policies and identifying / reporting any unsafe work habits
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate, maintain, organize and clean tools and equipment
- Complete all client related paperwork and get work orders signed by customer
- Keep track of all consumables
- Help promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on Norland sites is paramount
- Minimum three years of experience
- Knowledge of concrete cutting tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Experience with wall sawing (hydraulic and electric)
- Experience with slab sawing (diesel and electric)
- Experience with core drilling
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Field environment, working to deadlines, some high stress situations (e.g. meeting deadlines) and frequent travel and interruptions
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business
- Be able to load and unload equipment as needed
- On call for emergencies as needed
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.