NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Pacific Demolition Ltd. offers a wide range of selective and complete demolition services. A reputation for delivering safe, high-quality and cost-effective demolition solutions has made us the contractor of choice for public and private sector throughout North America and around the world.
We are currently looking for Equipment Operators to join our team in the Edmonton region of Alberta. You will be accountable to operate as a productive member of a high functioning team, ensure positive and clean work environment, promote the company’s Safety Program & Culture, and provide daily support to the Demolition team.
You will be accountable for:
- Operating an Excavator, in a safe and respectful manner at all times on sites
- Achieving maximum production with full attention to crew safety and the prevention of incidents
- Performing daily pre-inspection machinery safety checks, equipment services, and inspection logs
- Ensuring effective communication at all times with the ground field crew
- Reporting on project progress and any potential issues as they arise to Field Supervisors
- Being flexible in switching to physical demolition work when required
- Following instructions and operating as a productive member of a high functioning team
- Working independently, as well as part of a team
- Being punctual and having excellent attendance
- Attending and being an active participant in all mandatory safety meetings
- Helping promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on sites is paramount
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a demolition operator in high-scale demolitions (skid-steer, zoom-boom, mini or large excavator, boom lift, scissor lift)
- Experience in ripping and trimming
- Problem solving and time management an asset (problem-free attendance is paramount)
- Safety knowledge and experience in the demolition and/or construction industry
- Holds a valid drivers license and has the ability to drive within the Province of Alberta (abstract required)
- First aid is considered an asset
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Field environment, working to deadlines, some high-stress situations
- Frequent travel required
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion and travel frequently
- May be required to work at heights, in deep spaces, and near traffic
- Exposure to all weather conditions as work is outdoors
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Pacific Demolition is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.