NorLand Limited consists of multiple specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible. for over 65 years!
Pacific Demolition Ltd. offers a wide range of selective and complete demolition services. A reputation for delivering safe, high-quality and cost-effective demolition solutions has made us the contractor of choice for public and private sector throughout North America and around the world.
We are currently looking for Skilled Labourers to join our team in the Edmonton region of Alberta. You will be accountable to operate as a productive member of a high functioning team, ensure positive and clean work environment, promote the company’s Safety Program & Culture, and provide daily support to the Demolition team.
You will be accountable for:
- Cleaning and maintaining sites to eliminate possible hazards and keep worksites clean and orderly
- Using necessary hand/powered tools; Loading/unloading demo materials and equipment as needed
- Conducting Field Level Risk Assessments paperwork as required by scope/task
- Assisting in positioning, erecting, and dismantling scaffolding, hoarding, etc. as needed
- Assisting in sorting materials prior to disposal/recycling
- Performing tasks such as (but not limited to) digging, shoveling, sweeping, lifting, carrying, wheelbarrowing
- Attending and being an active participant in all mandatory safety meetings
- Following instructions and operating as a productive member of a high functioning team
- Working independently, as well as part of a team
- Being punctual and having excellent attendance
- Helping promote a work environment where the safety and health of all employees, subcontractors, and individuals on sites is paramount
- Safety knowledge and experience in the demolition and/or construction industry
- Cutting torch, mobile equipment and machinery certifications an asset
- Experience with basic power and construction tools
- Problem solving and time management an asset (problem-free attendance is paramount)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of team; Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Holds a valid drivers license and has the ability to drive within the Province of Alberta (abstract required)
- First aid is considered an asset
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift 50lbs for full shift
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Field environment, working to deadlines, high-stress situations
- Frequent travel required
- Required to wear respiratory protection often (must be clean-shaven)
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion and travel frequently
- May be required to work at heights, in tight spaces, or older, dim buildings
- Exposure to all weather conditions as work is outdoors
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Pacific Demolition is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.