NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses make Anything. Possible for over 65 years!
Joining NorLand family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You’ll work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
We are currently looking for Skilled Labourers to join our successful team. You will be accountable to operate as a productive member of a high functioning team, ensure positive work environment and promote the company’s HSE policies throughout each project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean and prepare site to eliminate possible hazards and keep worksite clean and orderly
• Use necessary hand tools; saws-all, prybars, grinders, large & small drills, sledgehammers, etc.
• Load/unload demo materials and equipment as needed
• In a systematic & safe fashion, demo items in work scope following all company procedures
• Change field level hazard assessments paperwork if hazards or work scope changes
• Assist in positioning, erecting, and dismantling scaffolding, hoarding as needed
• Assist in sorting materials prior to going into bins per LEEDS program
• Dig, shovel, sweep, lift, carry, wheelbarrow
• Operate cutting torch (if required and properly trained)
• Operate skid-steer, zoom-boom, mini or large excavator, boom lift, scissor lift (if required and properly trained)
• Safety knowledge and experience in Demolition and Construction industry
• Experience with basic power and construction tools
• Previous Hazardous Materials work experience an asset
• Cutting torch, machinery certification an asset
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License an asset
• Fit to work, ability to see, hear, walk, stand, and lift 50lbs for the full shift
• Basic computer skills and ability to communicate in English, oral, and written due to safety protocol.
• Willing to work at heights
• Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
• Willing to work outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions
• Self- motivated with the ability to work as part of the team
• Problem solving, and time management an asset
• Field environment, working to deadlines, some high-stress situations.
• Old dark buildings where constant assessment is a must.
• May be required to work outside of normal work hours on occasion to meet the needs of the business.
Pacific Demolition and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.